Before Covid, we were gathering on the first and third Wednesday of each month for an hour-long service (6:30-7:30pm). It is currently on hiatus, but we expect to resume this practice soon.
What could you expect at this service? We read a chapter from the Old Testament and a chapter from the New Testament, picking up where we left off the previous service. We sing through the Psalms in order, an ancient Christian practice. In addition to those sung prayers (the Psalms), we offer up our spoken prayers. Teaching is an important part of this service, and we consider practical topics, such as Christianity & Bioethics, the doctrine of “Vocation” (our various “callings” from God), and Hospitality, and also Church History (Apostolic Fathers). These lessons will be uploaded to our podcast.
- Invocation – We call on God to meet with us in grace.
- Reading of God’s Law – The Law exposes our sin.
- Corporate Confession of Sin
- Sing 3 Psalms
- Old Testament Reading – The OT prepares us for the arrival of Jesus.
- Song of Mary – This song celebrates His imminent arrival.
- New Testament Reading – The NT reflects on Jesus, who came to save Jew & Gentile.
- Song of Simeon – This song celebrates the arrival of the Savior of the world.
- Confession of Faith – The Apostles’, Nicene, or Athanasian Creed
- Teaching Lesson
- Evening Prayer
- Concluding Prayer