You are invited to join us on the first and third Wednesday of each month for an hour-long service (6:30-7:30pm) at our place of worship.
What should you expect? We will read a chapter from the Old Testament and a chapter from the New Testament, picking up where we left off the previous week. We will sing through the Psalms in order, an ancient Christian practice. In addition to those sung prayers (the Psalms), we will offer up our spoken prayers. Teaching is an important part of this service, and we will consider practical topics such as Christianity & Bioethics, the doctrine of “Vocation” (our various “callings” from God), Church Architecture, Gender & Sexuality, and Apologetics (i.e., answering objections to the Faith). These lessons will be uploaded to our podcast.
- Invocation (We call on God to meet with us in grace.)
- Reading of God’s Law (The Law exposes our sin.)
- Corporate Confession of Sin
- Sing 3 Psalms
- Old Testament Reading (The OT prepares us for the arrival of Jesus.)
- Song of Mary (This song celebrates His imminent arrival.)
- New Testament Reading (The NT reflects on Jesus, who came to save Jew & Gentile.)
- Song of Simeon (This song celebrates the arrival of the Savior of the world.)
- Confession of Faith (The Apostles’, Nicene, or Athanasian Creed)
- Teaching Lesson
- Evening Prayer
- Concluding Prayer